- Values and principles of the Constitution
- General and specific teaching and assessment objectives
- Learning outcomes of different levels Secondary and Senior Secondary
- Distribution of lessons in terms of weight age of time
- Innovative practices and pedagogies for curricular transaction transformative and beyond
textbooks and classrooms
- Integration and cross-curricular themes for all subject areas
- Collaboration between home, school, and community
- Practicum and project based learning to build research capabilities
- Guidance and counseling activities
- Diagnostic and remedial teaching-learning
- Emphasis on multiple modes of assessment through descriptors of good performance
- Organization of various club activities such as, 'Eco Club', 'Health and Wellness Club', 'Literary Clubs', 'Disaster Management Clubs', 'Consumer Clubs' etc.
- Provision of integrated activity based program on Environmental Education from classes I-XII
- Promotion of NCC/NSS
- Provision of varied disciplines under sports and Competitive Sports program
Further, American High School Diploma Program Curriculum draws its strength, by keeping pace with the 21st century and the global trends of socio-economic and cultural transformations, as well as keeping in view that India is an independent nation with a rich variegated history, multiple social, cultural, linguistic, and geographical diversities, and commitment to democratic and humanistic values and general well-being through education such as:
- Nurturing in the learner a sound mind and strong values driven character and able to uphold the democratic values, respect the Rules of Law, and support humanitarian ideals; they should engage in healthy practices to be able to develop robust and healthy physiques, learn how to think for themselves and be creative
- Nurturing responsible citizens with a sense of patriotism and a global perspective.
- Education is a learning progression to help learners explore their innate capacity and talents as well as develop their potential to improve and enhance sustainability of their living environment
Keeping the aforementioned in mind we need to have a rationale with core components as follows:
- Nurturing Life-skills includes developing an improved self-esteem, building empathy towards others and different cultures, etc.
- Improving critical and creative thinking and making them better at problem solving with decision-making
- The core life-skills must be integral to the whole process of education i.e creating
Harmony of sense with sensibility, a connection between knowledge and application, and
Integrating human sciences with technological innovations
- "Upholding Constitutional values" safeguarding values expressed in the Constitution- sovereignty, socialism, secularism, democracy, republican character, justice, liberty, equality, fraternity, human dignity and the unity and integrity of the Nation
- Focus on global perspective , global trends, enhance learner's ability to understand her status and position in the community and the world.
- Develop understanding how we all are interconnected and how we can bring about
Transformations as well as the individual's responsibility in this change process.
- "Lifelong learning" to see education as a liberating process, leading to active exploration,
Problem solving and the utilization of information and languages leading to socially
- "Appreciating Individual Differences" to promote and nourish wide range of capacities and skills in learners. As intelligence is diverse in its dimension, pedagogy and evaluation should aim at making it possible for this diversity to bloom. Excellence in diverse areas should be accepted and rewarded