|Unit 1||Concept of Home Science and its Scope||10||read more|
|Unit 2||Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part I)||15||read more|
|Unit 3||Food, Nutrition, Health and Fitness||15||read more|
|Unit 4||Family, Community and Resources||15||read more|
|Unit 5||Fabric and Apparel||05||read more|
|Unit 6||Community Development and Extension (Part I)||10||read more|
|Total Marks||70||Time: 3 Hours|
|Unit 1||Human Development: Life Span Approach||06||read more|
|Unit 2||Food, Nutrition, Health and Fitness||05||read more|
|Unit 3||Family and Community Resources||04||read more|
|Unit 4||Fabric and Apparel||04||read more|
|Unit 5||Community Development and Extension||04||read more|
|Unit 6||Practical File, Viva Test||07||read more|
|Total Marks||30||Time: 3 Hours|
1. Introduction to different stages: infancy, early childhood, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and old age
2. Protection from preventable diseases:
3. Substitute care at home and outside:
4. Special needs and care of disadvantaged and differently abled children: socially disadvantaged, visually impaired (partial and complete), hearing impaired, orthopedically impaired (affected/missing limb)
5. Managing Emergencies : First aid to cuts, burns, fractures, bites (snake, dog and insects), poisoning, fainting, asthma, heart attack, drowing.
1. Definition of food, nutrition, health (WHO) and fitness
2. Functions of food:
3. Selection of food for optimum nutrition and good health:
4. Maximising nutritive value of food by proper selection, preparation and storage:
1. Concept of Family and Community resources
2. Types, Management and Conservation of:
4. Time, energy and space management:
1. Introduction to Fibre Science:
2. Fabric Construction:
3. Fabric Finishes:
4. Dyeing and Printing
1. Respect for girl child
2. Media: Concept, Classification, Function
4. Keeping community spaces clean
Visit a child care centre (Day Care/Criche/Anganwadi/Nursery Schools/ any other). Write a report on facilities and activities.
Select a child with special needs in the neighbourhood. Write a report about her/his special requirement related to:-
Observation of any two children in different stages of age in the neighbourhood and report on their activities and behavior.
Prepare an educational toy by using local material.
Plan and prepare a dish rich in selected nutrients (Iron, Calcium, Protein, Fibre).
Prepare one preserved product; also prepare a suitable label for it.
Prepare dishes involving the following: Germination, Fermentation and Combination.
Using elements of art and principles of design, prepare Rangoli, Flower arrangement and one accessory for decoration
Critically evaluate your residential space and suggest improvements.
Prepare a day's routine of self, listing activities and time spent in each. Critically evaluate for improvement for time and energy saving.
Cleaning different surfaces & metals (glass, brass, silver, bronze etc.).
Prepare paper samples of the following weaves: Plain, Rib, Basket, Twill (any two), satin and sateen.
Collect samples of various fabrics and identify the following weaves: Plain, rib, basket, twill, satin and sateen
Identification of various types of fibres using burning test.
Prepare five samples of tie and dye.
Plan and prepare message for 'respect for girl child, 'women's empowerment', 'cleanliness of public spaces' using different modes of communication for different focus groups.
Make a leaflet or a pamphlet using original slogan for consumer education on any topic.